Friday, July 22, 2011

Like a bear to hot wings

Yeah. It's a saying.

I made it up this morning at 2 AM. See, that's when a hungry bear found my mom's leftovers from Chili's. I hate to admit my scaredy-cat-ed-ness, but I was terrified. The bear was ripping apart the box at our picnic table. 10 feet away from our tent. I was shaking and freaking out. Later he tripped on one of the ropes holding our tent up. I was sure he was going to become enraged and tear the thing apart.

Every breath of the boys' became a snarl in my ear. Everytime one of them rolled over I was sure it was a bear footstep. I've never been so scared in my life. I don't even wanna stay camping the next two nights.

Of course, even if a bear does rip our tent apart tonight I probably won't notice. I'm working on a hour or two of sleep...

1 comment:

Bryan and Felicia said...

You never told me the bear tripped over the tent string! Thats what you get for having a tent that is bigger than mine! (As the boys told me over and over :) haha)