Sunday, September 1, 2013

"Your son saved Sacrament meeting"

Every member of the church knows that sometimes testimony meetings go awry. Sometimes you get thank-imonies, story-monies, and please-help-me-monies. We had a few testimonies today that lost their track and veered to the over sharing side. We heard about someone "shacking up", and someone's cereal, and about someone's mother-in-law. 

About a month ago, Caleb asked if he could bear his testimony at church. We spent the month's family home evenings teaching him the proper things to say and the proper way to say them. Today he went up and bore his testimony. He has a very simple, beautiful testimony. He knew the points he wanted to make and was very clear about his beliefs.

After church the first counselor in our bishopric told me "Your son saved sacrament meeting. He fixed what had been done before him."

What a sweet thing to say. It made me so grateful for simple testimonies of children.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Hey Christina...somehow I was able to find your blog. This is Mary Prillwitz (Landon's mom). We cut apples together, remember. LOL! Anyways, Landon lost his invitation to Caleb's party Saturday, so I don't have your email address to RSVP. He can go, but please email me so I know you got this. maryprillwitz@yahoo.com Thanks so much!