Friday, March 11, 2016

Ruth

You know something...
The church is incredible.
The Spirit is amazing.

For just a wee bit of reference, in December we were handed out the Relief Society schedule for the year. Every fast Sunday we would be studying one of the women of the Bible for the presidency message. Nothing extraordinary. All normal church type stuff.
March fast Sunday was the story of Ruth, someone I knew nothing about. And honestly, I didn't even pay that much attention... then today, my Father-in-law was diagnosed with staged 4 cancer. And my mother in law needs support. And I can't stop thinking about Ruth and her loyalty and love for her Mother-in-law. Ruth's example deepens my own resolve and compassion and I am inspired.
The Spirit told someone 4 months ago to put Ruth this month. A few days before I would need her story so very much. That is amazing and incredible.

No comments: