Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Reasons to never take a vacation

1. You are more exhausted when you get back than you were when you decided you needed a vacation.
2. 20,000 loads of laundry
3. (worst of all!) Critters move in while you are away.

We just got back from vacation. I will post fun pictures later. Maybe. If I don't forget or get lazy. First thing I noticed were bugs. Nasty little things that look kind of like ants. I know we are having a national problem with bed bugs, so that was my first thought. I'm not sure they fit the profile though. Either way, whatever they are, I feel my skin crawling all day and all night.
The joyous second discovery happened while Adam and I were practicing numbers. (Mostly Adam. I have a pretty good handle on my numbers.) There was something black in my peripheral vision. I thought maybe it was just my hair, but just to be sure, I went where I thought I'd seen something.
There it went again! Tiny little mouse in my living room. Disgusting.

Reasons to rent instead of own a home:
1. Extermination coverage.
Priceless.

2 comments:

Lively's said...

GROSS!! I would take the ant-y things over a mouse ANYday!! Good luck with that!

Ashley Gilbert said...

I feel the same way and I only have 1 kid. Well the last few vacations my hubby couldn't go because of school and work, so when that happens it is always the vacay from "you know where". LOL.