Saturday, August 20, 2011

Make us one

Well they did it. The vows have been said and the cake has been eaten. It was a beautiful reception. Honestly much better than I was expecting. I am glad! In my head it was shaping up to be a disaster.
The sealing itself was also very nice. I'm jealous that grandpa Eddie got to seal them. It's so great to have someone who really knows you be the one to perform the ceremony. Not that my guy was bad. We still recall a few of the things that were said in our sealing and so many of them have come to fruition. All of the sealers are blessed with the spirit. It is just extra special to have the person counseling you be family.
The thing that stuck out to me in the sealing was the counsel to become one. It was reiterated over and over: become one, become selfless, your spouse is more important than you are. I have to chuckle at this a little bit. Of course the whole point of marriage is becoming one, but grandpa's counsel seemed tailor made to Clayton and melanie's particular relationship. Good luck my dearies! The first year is usually an... adjustment. Who am I kidding?! It's usually a pretty rough one!
And as for my last horn tooting for setting them up...
TOOT! TOOT! TOOT!

2 comments:

PA said...

How did you have energy to get on your blog last night!!!!?

metlsouls said...

I guarantee you will be tooting that horn your whole life.