Saturday, January 30, 2016

Poetry

Sometimes I have a hard time reading the Book of Mormon. Sometimes it is hard, tedious, boring. Sometimes I just don't have the patience to understand. Or perhaps it is the Spirit I lack. I don't really know. Then sometimes the words singg to me. They come off the page and straight into my heart. This is the gem I came across tonight:

"My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was wracked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more." Mosiah 27: 29

No one paints a picture of repentance the way Alma does. It is probably why his words speak to me so well. I have felt the pain and known the darkest abyss brought on by sin.
Oh, but I have seen the glorious light of God as well. I have cried to Him and in His endless mercy He has answered and given me life. He blesses me continually and forgives me more than I deserve. And it is wonderful to me.

No comments: