Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Sweet Old Ladies of My Ward,
I love that you are all thrilled that I'm having a baby. I love the congratulations and I love how excited you are at my growing girth. It's sweet the way you look forward to the birth of babies in the ward. It's awesome that my baby has a Parkhurst family and a ward family.
However, just because my tummy sticks out and houses a person, does not make it public property. It's sweet you wanna be a part of my pregnancy, but I don't even know all of your names and you're feeling me up! Before you think I'm being rude, please know that my husband is the only one with an all access pass. Even my mom and sisters ask permission before they get handsy with me. If people who've known me all my life still ask before touching, shouldn't you? Something to ponder...
Christina

1 comment:

Sydney Tovar said...

This is all very very true. We have gotten pretty good at asking! Do you need me to kick some old lady Butt? cause i will!