Thursday, June 3, 2010

Not Failing

Okay, I had to go back and read my Resolutions for this post. I thought I was failing miserably. Good news. I'm actually doing pretty good. I thought I had written how much weight I wanted to top out at while pregnant. Thank goodness I didn't! I went camping for the last week and a half. No scale... lots of food.
The first few days it rained almost constantly. What do you do when it's raining and you're stuck inside? You eat. Well, I eat anyway.
S'mores, cookies, candies... and then there is my dad's dutch oven cake that he makes by lining the bottom with candy bars.
Delicious?
Of course!
Fattening?
Well, I don't know... lets ask my poor, overworked scale.
The last month I was doing so good with my weight gain. A pound a week keeps the doctor away... or from yelling at me anyway. In the 2 weeks that included camping I gained 5 pounds!!!! I felt I had to apologize and explain at the doctor's office when they weighed me today. How embarrassing! I have now gained a total of 34 pounds. I was hoping to gain only 35 this whole pregnancy. I was doing pretty good too... But with at least 6 weeks left, it looks like I may top out at 40. AGAIN!!!!
Ugh. Baby making is stressful. You would think being pregnant gives you free reign to eat whatever you want. Well... you can if you want, but you will suffer the consequences (fat face, no ankles, thighs that jiggle minutes after you've stopped walking... the list goes on and on.)
So, here's to a skinny last 6 weeks!

1 comment:

Lively's said...

The last 6 weeks are always the fattest! I always gain at least 10 lbs in that 6 weeks! Good luck!