Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gratitude.

I felt the need for some kind of spiritual... connection today. Uplifting isn't the right word, and neither is fulfillment. In fact it is due to the uplifting I've felt recently that I was searching for it. If that makes any kind of sense.
Kyle and I fasted this month for something that we needed help with. We've fasted before as a family, but I haven't been able to in a long time, since I was pregnant. I am not sure I've really appreciated the blessings of a fast before. We were answered so quickly and so thoroughly that I wondered why we don't fast every Sunday. We were blessed in a way that was so obviously heaven sent one couldn't help but be amazed and grateful.
We are a very blessed family. All our children are healthy, they are well behaved and beautiful. We love where we live. Our new ward has been extremely welcoming and those relationships are quickly becoming great friendships. We both have callings that allow us the opportunity to serve and (especially me) to learn. We love each other in a way that neither of us expected or understood when we got married. We have great extended families that love and care about our well being. Kyle has a job at which he excels. The list goes on and on... There are a hundred more ways in which we are blessed. That is just a molecule in the ice of the tip of my iceburg. I'm not trying to brag... I'm just feeling very grateful today.

No comments: