Friday, September 10, 2010

You've Changed

Kyle and I have always had a certain way of parenting. Our babies learned to cry it out from an early age and no child has ever slept in our bed. When Caleb was 6 weeks old and not sleeping through the night, he got a little shove in the right direction. It included turning on fans and any other forms of white noise so that we didn't hear him cry at night. It may seem mean, but within one week he figured out how to sleep on Mommy and Daddy hours.
A couple of nights ago Kyle and I are laying in bed long past little boy bed time. I tell him, "I miss Levi."
He says, "Well, go get him!" I was shocked. I had felt myself going soft, but I never thought in a hundred years it would happen to Kyle.
I confronted him, "You would let Levi sleep in our bed every night wouldn't you?"
"I totally would. I just want to cuddle him."
I guess it's true that you change the more kids you have. I just didn't think it would happen so soon. I thought maybe when they were teenagers or something. Nope. Kyle and I are now officially soft as marshmallows!

No comments: