Friday, March 25, 2011

Talents

I am a woman of many talents. Scratch that. I am a woman of many interests. As to how talented I am... Well, I would say that I fall between a 2-6 on a 1-10 scale for most things.
Cooking - 2
Scrapbooking - really depends on what year. Somewhere between a 6-7
Sewing - 1.5
Blogging - depends on your criteria. I fail at putting up pictures, but I'm pretty consistent at least. 5-7?
Mothering- ask me tomorrow.
I like to think that reason I don't excel at any one thing is just because I try to do too many. Oooh I forgot
Piano playing - 1
Conducting primary singing time - 8. (that's right! Little people like me.)
I have tried crochet, candle making, and very soon I look forward to getting a 0.5 on gardening. Heaven forgive what I will do to those plants. One of my very favorite hobbies is writing. This is probably why I'm above a 2 on blogging. I love to write. If I had any idea how to get started, I would try to be an author. I don't know what I would write about. I've considered it before, but I just can't think of anything people would be interested in reading. I started with writing poetry, as I think most teenagers do. But instead of emo, black nail polish poetry, I write flouncy, bouncy silliness. I guess that is what inspired this whole post. I was recently looking through an old folder of stuff and I found one of my very favorite poems. I wanted to share it here. I know it's silly, but it's one of my favorites. (yes, even though it involves swearing!)

Magic mirror on the wall

Magic mirror, on the wall,
Am I pretty, thin, and tall?
Should I lose a few lbs?
And pump the gals a few CCs?
Would Botox for my face be right
To help the anti-aging fight?
Do I need color for my greys?
Perhaps my tush deserves a raise.
Wuld bleach and wax remove all hair?
Should I tan or stay real fair?
Liposuction could be great
To rid me of unwanted weight.
That Barbie b**** can kiss my a**
cause soon her beauty I'll surpass.
Magic mirror, let me know
How to make my beauty show.

No comments: