Monday, May 9, 2011

Priorities of a 4 year old

Today Caleb did a bratty thing. The turned the lock on my bedroom door and then walked out. "I locked the door!" He told me proudly. My door is the kind with just a hole in the middle. I have no key or instructions as to how it is opened. Levi was on the floor of my room. I sent Caleb to his room immediately while I tried to get my baby out.

While I was sticking things in the hole to figure out how to open it, Adam started freaking out. "We'll never get Levi out again!" It was the funniest freak out. He was turning circles and screaming about Levi cause he didn't know what he should be doing. It was kind of sweet. Unnecessary, but kind of sweet. I finally got him calm. He bucked up a little and put on a brave face. Then he says, "but we'll never get to play on your iPod or my Leapster again," and he breaks back down into tears.

What a funny booger. I'm convinced it was his video games that he was concerned about the whole time, not his brother.

Ps. We got the door open and Levi was just dandy. He had backed himself into my bathroom and he wasn't very happy about the cold floor, but he was fine.

2 comments:

Britty said...

We have a set of small screwdrivers that fit in that hole for just such a situation!

Sydney Tovar said...

good thing Levi doesn't crawl... or move for that matter...