Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hyenas

My kids, particularly Adam and Caleb, (and then particularly Adam) have entered a new phase in life. It is the stage of the hyenas. Have you ever watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Well in it there are cartoon hyenas. The only way to kill most "toons" is with a nasty dip, but hyenas have a second way; they can laugh themselves to death.
If my kids had been drawn, they'd be dead.
Everything is funny. Eating, showering, of course the bathroom, somehow sleeping is hilarious. It is driving me crazy! I can't even discipline them because they get the giggles halfway through. They are ridiculous! 
And while its driving me crazy, how can I, as a parent, request that they stop laughing? How can I make a house mandate that giggling is outlawed? Take away their toys, force them to wear black and never smile? Seems wrong... 
I can't be upset that they are happy kids, but the truth is if their laughing is killing anyone, it's me.

No comments: