Friday, October 31, 2008

Toddlers

AHHH... What a terrible day. I knew it was coming. Yet, when he reached 2 without so much as trying I thought it would be a while off still. Then today it happened. Adam took his first head-first dive out of his crib. It happened in slow motion as I watched, but it was all too fast to catch him. I thought for sure the landing was gonna break his neck. But he tucked and rolled like a pro. It is certainly lucky that babies are so pliable; he came out of the incident totally unscathed.
After I placed him back in bed for his nap--with strict instructions to stay put-- I began my search for the pieces to alter his crib into a toddler bed. Such a miniscule mile stone, but I'm so sad. I have loved being a two baby person. Now I'm moving on to one baby and one toddler. That, quite frankly, scares me a little bit. It's a slippery slope from toddler to child to tween to teenager. The next thing I know he'll be going on a mission (fingers crossed) and getting married. I'm just not ready for my little boy to grow up.
All this, you wonder, from a crib dive? I know it may seem a little melodramatic, but the last two years with him have flown by in a matter of seconds. Won't the next few as well? I've already missed videotapping his first steps and when he learned to say his ABCs. I figured there was time. He would stay just as cute and small forever. Now he runs like the devil's chasing him and no one can get him to stop talking. Ah, I miss my baby. A terrible two toddler has replaced him and there is no going back.

1 comment:

Brian and Lindsey said...

That would for sure be scary to watch. Time does go by quickly- I can't believe he's two. It was fun to look through ur pictures as well. I'm glad u found me, now we can keep up via blogging!