Saturday, January 1, 2011

Accountability

Last New Years (well, not quite the day, but around that area) I posted my resolutions for the year so that I could be held slightly more accountable. Facing public failure is much worse than private failure. I figure before I make me resolutions for this year, I should see, and let you all see, how I fared last year. Here the original goals are, with how I did.

#1 Lay off procrastinating! Especially in school.
- I did well in school with procrastination. But, I got a calling that I'm unqualified for (in my eyes) that makes me frustrated to the point that I procrastinate and therefore perform much worse. (Do I smell a 2011 resolution forming in my already bountiful list of needed improvements?)
#2 Take my boys to the park more often.
- We moved to a place that has a little park in the complex. The park sucks but they get out and play in the grass. Basically, I've fulfilled this to the lowest degree necessary, but I still count it as a success!
#3 Do more with my kids learning wise.
- Ace for me! Adam is in a preschool, we practice letters and read more. In fact, he's gearing up to be a reader pretty soon.
#4 Make the bed at least 3 times a week.
- Depends on what week....
#5 Read a few inspirational/uplifting books.
- I can't think of a single book that fulfills this requirement. Shame on me.
#6 Get good grades.
- Rock on.
#7 Weigh 125 again by Christmas
- HAH! umm.... nearly?... ish?
#8 Be happy if "she" turns out to be another boy.
- Levi is fantastic. I still wanna call him Levina sometimes, but I don't even dress him in pink anymore...
#9 Family prayer.
- not consistently
FHE
- hardly ever
Scripture reading
- always. This was a three fer, so technically I know that 2 out of 3 is losing, but I consider it a win that I've incorporated scripture into my everyday life. Thank you ldsdailyread.com!

Some of these resolutions didn't have a clear pass/fail. For instance, I probably got an F in bed making, because I fulfilled it less than half the time. But is that really a fail? I don't know....
We shall call it a draw.
Coming soon: 2011 goals from which to fall remarkably short.

No comments: