Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Halle-fricken-lujah!

My house has been quaratined since Saturday night. Three sick little boys have been making life (and bed time) impossible. They've had fevers in the 102+ range, snot has flowed in delicious green rivers and my every 30 seconds has been punctuated with at least one coughing fit. I think maybe they've had strep throat? I'm not sure. Levi had his first ear infection. Actually, it's the first ear infection I've ever had to deal with. And by deal with, I mean ignore. I'm not one to medicate much and since he seemed on the mend, I decided to forego antibiotics.
Sunday I was the only one to go to church. Monday and Tuesday were movie days. The boys and I cuddled up in bed and didn't leave it practically all day. Occassionally I found something tasty to try to make them eat, unsuccesfully. Lazy, boring, sick days.
Today they are getting better. Crackers and chocolate milk have been palatable to wee ones and the coughing has slowed to once every 45 seconds. They are actually out of bed and playing with toys. Levi has smiled more this morning than he did all the last 3 days.
I am spending this morning washing all sheets and blankets and getting this flu demon out of my house. I hate having sick babies and I'm so glad it's over(ish)!

No comments: