Thursday, October 8, 2015

Mosiah 2:30

I was listening to my scriptures on my phone today when I came across this verse. Anyone who watched general conference knows that President Monson's health was failing him toward the end of his talk. He leaned on the pupil and struggled to get his words out. It was tough to watch. I wanted to cry and wanted to reach out, if nothing else just to hug our beloved prophet. Lots of speculation and accounts have surrounded this, but as I read the scripture I was given comfort that none of the stories have brought. At this time king Benjamin is speaking from the tower, his own pulpit. It really was just an earlier general conference to the church. He says,

"For even at this time, my whole frame doth tremble exceedingly while attempting to speak unto you; but the Lord God doth support me, and hath suffered me that I should speak unto you."

The Lord God doth support his prophet. He holds him up even when he is weak. I love our prophet. Knowing that the Lord and his angels watch over him gives me great hope and happiness.

No comments: