Saturday, October 10, 2015

"Yielding our hearts to God" Neill Marriott

This talk was very much about having faith. Leaving things in the Lord's hands. "It'll all work out." I feel blessed to have a very calm spirit. I generally believe that things will work out. My levels of stress are rather low in times of catastrophe.
Kyle and I went to the temple yesterday. I prayed very earnestly to feel the spirit and have a real confirmation of temple work. Don't get me wrong. I believe in everything we do in the temple. What I am asking for is an unshakeable knowledge. I want a testimony so strong that Satan shakes at the sight of me. I've been doing everything right recently on this journey of looking for it and i was kind of looking for that moment where the clouds part and I see the Savior. I didn't get it yesterday. I had a nice time in the temple. Kyle and I were the witness couple and were even told we are a delight by the officiator. It was lovely. But there was no opening of Heaven and cherubim singing. I thought I might be disappointed. But I'm okay. It'll work out. Either I will continue in faith, or I'll get a sure knowledge someday.
I talked to Kyle yesterday about our sabbath worship. We do okay on Sundays. We don't shop or do inappropriate things, but all conference, and especially after this talk, I felt that there was more yet to be done. I have asked the Lord what I lack and He has shown me. I am really excited to reform our Sundays. I have lots of ideas and kind of can't wait for tomorrow. What a nice feeling.

No comments: