Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Options

I got my Anthropology Lab test back today. If you read farther down, you know all about the struggle I had with it. Well, I got a 50 out of 50. YAY! Perfect score right? Well, not quite. See, there were 55 points possible, 5 of which were extra credit points. So, am I happy that I got 100%? I'm not really sure.
I have two options. Be happy that I got a perfect score, (Which I would say is the one most people are hardwired to accept) or be unhappy that I missed 5 questions and would barely have gotten an A (as I am slightly inclined to do.). I think I'm inclined to be unhappy because of my genius, overachieving mom. If you read past posts you know all about her. She recently got a test back with 73 out of 75 right. She was mad that she missed 2. I laughed so hard at her. What a silly thing to be mad about. And here I go... Like mother, like daughter.
DANG IT! HOW IN THE FRICKEN WORLD OF DNA MRNA AND TRNA DID I MISS 5 POINTS?!?! I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN EVERY SINGLE QUESTION RIGHT! I KNEW THE ANSWERS! I SHOULD HAVE STUDIED HARDER!
Ugh. Well that's out of my system. Now I will have to accept that I'm not a perfect student. Maybe it will help to look at my email from my English teacher. He sent it out to everyone in the class. He put exerpts of essays he liked. There were only two. Mine was the first one. You win some, you slightly less win some, and then you lose.

No comments: