Monday, February 8, 2010

Resolutions

I know it's a little late to be making New Year's resolutions. Maybe if I call them something different though they won't offend tradition. How about the I'm-already-behind-so-here-come-February-resolutions? I like it. I think it has a nice ring of truth about it. And if you can't make resolutions late what CAN you procrastinate. Speaking of procrastinating, I am a huge fan. If there was a fan club for procrastinating... I probably wouldn't have signed up in time to be president... but I would have PLANNED on doing it. Or maybe the last person to sign up would have gotten the job as they are obviously the most dedicated to their craft. IF that was the case I would be a shoo-in. So,
#1 Lay off procrastinating! Especially in school. It seems I can't write essays till 2 hours before they are due. I don't know why. Something to do with my brain liking pressure. It is very strange. I got pretty good grades last year and I was really proud of myself. Still, the two B's I got could have easily been A's if there was just a tiny bit more dedication to doing things on time.
#2 Take my boys to the park more often. I know that goals are supposed to be more specific than this so you are more accountable. I hope my wishy-washy-ness doesn't fail to get them more exercise, but the truth is things come up! (Plus since I can't procrastinate my homework it will depend on my teachers' workloads.)
#3 Do more with my kids learning wise. I have some great preschool books where they trace the letters in pen that wipes off the page.... They look great on the bookshelf collecting dust.... So this year I will try to get them a little bit ready for school (Adam might start preschool in the fall. WAHHHHH. I don't want my babies to grow up!)
#4 Make the bed at least 3 times a week. Do you like the specific-ness of this goal? I figured just make the bed more often wouldn't cut it. My real goal is to do it everyday, but since I hardly ever do now I figure I should start slow.
#5 Read a few inspirational/uplifting books. I read so much vampire and fantasy junk, I figure a little balance never hurt anyone.
#6 Get good grades. I would settle for 3 A's and 2 B's. This is what I got last semester and as long as I don't do worse than that I figure I'm okay. We'll see though... already Anthropology lab with all it's Biology crap is trying to kill me.
#7 I know it's a little bit early to make this one. It doesn't kick in till the middle of the year, but here goes anyway. I'm gonna put it out there, so if any of you see me looking a fatty once I've had my baby you can get on my case. The goal is to lose my baby fat within 5 months of having the baby. That means... very specifically, I want to weigh 125 again by Christmas. (ahhh 125, how I miss your bony hips, your love handle-less waist, your ankles.)
#8 Be happy if "she" turns out to be another boy.
#9 This is a two-fer. Maybe a three-fer. Family prayer. Every night. Not every other night. Not every night that I'm not tired. EVERY night. I should tattoo this on my hand so I remember... In fact... THERE. It's sharpie-d on. That should last a few days to get me started. Part B of this is FHE. We do okay on this. Need to do better... but I'm not terribly ashamed yet. C. Scripture time. DA NA NA NA NA NA-NA NA-NA Scripture time! I don't think I'm ready to read every day, but I could certainly be more consistent. I could try for 3 times a week. It's about as hard as making the bed, so that makes sense.
#10.... I don't have anymore. I just thought I should reach a nice round number. Good luck to all you folks and your resolutions. If you see me failing, elbow me in the ribs. Just not too hard, there's a baby in there!

1 comment:

The Clifts said...

Great goals. Very realistic too. I can't wait to find out what you are having!! Also, sorry I've been so anti-social. I graduate in April (yahoo!) so I will return to the social activities I'm supposed to be doing (i.e. having playdates with you) in April.