Sunday, August 16, 2015

Journaling

   I found some great quotes on Pinterest a couple of days ago about journaling. It made me super excited that I was doing this and I want to share them and my thoughts about them.


  •    " We often  leave the most precious personal direction of the Spirit unheard because we do not record and respond to the first promptings that come to us when the Lord chooses to direct us."                                                                                                             -Elder Richard G. Scott

This quote prompted me to take notes during church today. I don't want church to be something I simply go to because it is expected of me. I really am going to be spiritually fed. I get malnourished spiritually and need the constant feeding. Church today was great. I was so happy that I started this today!
 
  • "Get a notebook, my young folks, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity.                                                -President Spencer W. Kimball

This is so beautiful!!!! I can't imagine I have anything to say that would be worthy of angels, but who knows, perhaps the Spirit will give me a gem.

  • "I've found, as I'm sure you have, that when you're trying to learn from the Lord and you feel an impression from the Spirit, i'ts important to make a note so it will not be forgotten. The more you not only hear but abide by what you've been told, the more the Lord will give to you. It will come more and more rapidly and you will begin to hear and feel those impressions of the Spirit more quickly than you have previously done."                       -Elder Gene R. Cook

I love the promise of this quote. The more you abide by your promptings, the more the Lord will pour them out to you! I wrote in one of my previous posts that I didn't know if I'd had a prompting or just thought of something myself. Wouldn't it be great to hear the Spirit, know what's happening, and get that all the time?! I think it would be awesome. I'm know there are plenty of people whose everyday is filled with inspiration, but I am still practicing.


  • "The prompting that goes unresponded to may not be repeated. Writing down aht we have been prompted with is vital. A special thought can be lost later in the day through the rough and tumble of life. God should not, and may not, choose to repeat the prompting if we assign what is given such a low priority as to put it aside.                                         -Elder Neal A. Maxwell
This quote is a little bit more of a warning. Watch out! Heed the promptings or they'll be taken away. I would not want to send the message to my Heavenly Father that the messages that he gives just to me are not important.

If anyone is out there reading, get a journal! Or a blog.

1 comment:

PA said...

I have a blog. I have a journal somewhere. I think I lost it though.....